I am not a vegan, but I do eat vegan pizza. Vegans are known for their food choices, and this one is pretty easy to find in Los Angeles.
Many places offer pizzas with vegan cheese or pies made with vegetable-based toppings.
I’m going to list the best 15 vegan pizza places in LA that I’ve been to. They all serve up pretty good pie for your tummy, including gluten-free options at most of them! So here we go:
1. The Hideout
This pizzeria is vegan-owned and operated, so you know their pies will be good. The Hideout offers up New York-style pizza with a variety of vegan cheese options, as well as gluten-free crusts.
I had their classic Margherita pizza (with vegan Parmesan cheese substituted for non-vegan Parmesan), which was awesome. The sauce was tasty, the crust wasn’t too thin or thick, and the vegan cheese was pretty good.
- Location: 1707 N. Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90027
- Phone number: (323) 663-4810
- Price: $5.75 for a 10″ pizza
This vegan spot serves some mean vegan pizzas, including the Vegan Hot Honey Pie (yum, I know). The restaurant is pretty small with limited seating inside; it’s popular with students or people who live in the area. Pizza will run you about $8-$11.
I had their White Pie, which has vegan garlic sauce, spinach, mushrooms, and vegan mozzarella. It was pretty good! The crust was thin but not too thin that it would break while you eat it.
- Location: 2717 W Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90026
- Phone number: (213) 413-1033
- Price: $8-$11 for a 10″ pizza
3. Pizza Plant
I’ve been to this pizzeria in Echo Park twice so far, and their pies are both awesome. In addition, they have tons of vegan cheese options at the kitchen bar where you place your order.
They also have Daiya brand vegan cheese available by the slice if you’re craving some dairy-free goodness. The pizza was cooked well with a nice thin crust, and the texture of the Daiya cheese wasn’t too overpowering. I had their vegan pepperoni pizza on my first visit, which was pretty good! On my second visit, I tried their White Pizza (it comes with garlicky white sauce, spinach, basil, and garlic oil), and it tasted amazing.
- Location: 1748 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90026
- Phone number: (213) 483-1750
- Price for a 10″ pizza: ~$9-$15 depending on toppings
4. Bodega Pizza
This Highland Park pizzeria is another popular place among students at nearby Occidental College. They offer vegan and gluten-free options for pizzas to satisfy all dietary restriction needs.
They have vegan pepperoni and meatballs available, so be sure to let them know you want those as your pizza toppings if that’s what you’re craving. It was really tasty! The basil on top of the pie added a nice touch to each slice I ate.
- Location: 5137 York Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90042
- Price: $4-$7 for 10″ pizza
5. Pizza Romana
Like Bodega Pizza, Pizza Romana is also popular among students and locals at Occidental College (a college heavily influenced by social justice causes). This pizzeria opened back in 2010 and has been pleasing stomachs ever since.
They have a few different vegan cheese options and vegan pepperoni (and regular pepperoni for those not following a vegan diet). The pizza was cooked well, and the crust was crispy- just the way I like it.
- Location: 4074 Eagle Rock Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90065
- Phone number: (323) 254-8636
- Price: $6-$10 for a 10″ pie
6. Blaze Pizza
This chain pizzeria has been popping up all over LA and SoCal lately, and they offer vegan cheese as an option on their pies. But, of course, you can also build your pizza with all of the toppings you could dream of, including vegan meatballs!
The pizza was cooked quickly and had a good texture with the vegan cheese. Overall, I’d say it’s worth checking out if you’re craving some vegan pizza and don’t want to spend too much money.
- Location: 1161 Westwood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90024
- Price: $5-$8 for 10″ pizza
7. Pie Life Pizza Co
(Pie Life now has two locations- Pasadena & Santa Monica) This pizzeria is popular among those following a paleo diet since they have gluten-free crust available for all of their pies. The restaurant serves beer but not wine or liquor, so be prepared if you go on a date night!
They also have live music every Friday night so bring your friends to enjoy that. The atmosphere is great, with friendly staff to help you decide what vegan pies are available.
They offer vegan cheese for their pizzas and offer vegan meatballs on their menu too! I had one slice of the Margherita pizza (comes with tomato sauce, basil, mozzarella) when I went- it was pretty good! The crust wasn’t too thin or thick, just right, in my opinion.
- Location: 951 E Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91106
- Phone number: (626) 409-8800
- Price: $5-$11 for 10″ pizza
8. Pizza Studio
This local pizzeria has 3 locations in the greater LA area and offers specialty pies with unique ingredients. They also have gluten-free crust as an option.
When I asked the workers if they had any vegan cheese, they didn’t know what I was talking about. 🙁 So, unfortunately, this place might not be the best for those following a vegan diet. But, if you’re gluten-free, then this place is definitely for you!
- Location: Santa Monica: 2431 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90404
- West Hollywood: 7377 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90046
- Los Angeles: 333 S Hope St., Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Price: $11-$15 for a 12″ pizza
9. DeSano Pizza Bakery
This pizzeria is located in the heart of Hollywood and offers both classic and modern style pies.
They have various vegan cheese options to try on their pizzas, but unfortunately, they did not offer any meat alternatives for vegans/vegetarians when I went. The crust was thin and crispy, which is my favorite kind! Overall, it was a good pizza- I just wish I could’ve ordered more than one slice at a time.
- Location: 516 N Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036
- Price: $10-$15 for 12″ pie (they also sell by the slice)
10. Vito’s Pizza
This pizzeria chain is popular in the Midwest, and now they have a few locations in Southern California. They offer classic and specialty pies with various toppings to choose from.
Unfortunately, this place does not have vegan cheese as an option on its menu. However, you can ask for vegan pepperoni as an add-on, which I did. The crust was thick and doughy, which wasn’t my favorite, but the vegan pepperoni was delicious!
- Location: Glendale: 714 North Brand Blvd., Glendale, CA 91203
- Los Angeles: 6321 W 3rd St., Los Angeles, CA 90036
- Price: $10-$15 for a 12″ pie (they also sell by the slice)
11. 800 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria
Celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck started this pizzeria. They have various locations all over LA, and they offer both classic and modern style pies.
800 Degrees offers vegan cheese as an option on their pizzas, and they also have vegan meatballs on their menu! I had a personal pizza with marinara sauce, vegan cheese, and vegan meatballs. The crust was thin and crispy, and the pizza was very tasty.
- Location: Westwood: 10875 Kinney St., Los Angeles, CA 90024
- Beverly Grove: 8384 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048
- Hancock Park: 674 S. La Brea Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036
- West Hollywood: 710 N La Cienega Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90069
- Price: $10-$15 for 10″ pizza (they also sell by the slice)
there you go, 11 best vegan pizzas in LA! As you can see, there are various pizza styles and prices to choose from. So whether you’re on a budget or looking for something extravagant, I’m sure you’ll be able to find a vegan pizza that suits your needs. Enjoy!