The mulle de santa monica Pier, built in 1909 and designed by Charles Looff (creator of the carousel at Griffith Park), was one of the first amusement parks. It’s located right off Ocean Avenue, between Colorado Ave and Wilshire Blvd.
The pier has a long history with over ten million visitors each year that come to enjoy rides, food stands, games and festivals all set against a backdrop of beautiful views, including Catalina Island just 25 miles away!
Shopping in Santa Monica pier
Santa Monica pier is a favorite place for many people to shop. Some many different shops and stands offer all kinds of items. The shops that one can find on the pier include jewelry, clothing, artwork, and toys.
These shops and many others attract visitors from all over to come and enjoy the Santa Monica pier. In addition, the Santa Monica Pier has many different shops that offer many additional items.
Places to visit in Santa Monica Pier
- Santa Monica Pier Aquarium was the longest continuously operating public aquarium in the United States until its closure in 2013. It opened on June 1, 1946 – 66 years ago! They have had more than 30 million visitors come through their doors to view the various species of fish and other creatures they have housed over the years.
- Visitors can see everything from local marine life, win an underwater sea scooter, or even swim with sting-rays while out at the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific just a few miles away! In addition, there are several other places where you can find fun activities for people interested in seeing ocean life, including The Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, located in nearby Point Vicente.
- The Santa Monica Pier is a regular spot for many people to visit and participate in various activities available there. The pier has been around for quite a long time, and it has become a regular place for shopping, restaurants, movies, games, and even aquariums.
- There are several major events throughout the year at the Santa Monica pier, including the 4th of July celebrations and New Year’s Eve parties! Not to mention there’s always something going on at the Santa Monica Pier from morning until night.
- The pier offers a wide variety of things to see and do. There are games to play, restaurants, movie theaters, swimming with the stingrays, and much more to do throughout your stay at Santa Monica Pier. Visitors can expect a large crowd while visiting the pier because it is such a popular place for everyone from all over. There are events held at the pier throughout the year, including firework shows and movie nights.
- There are many things to do at the pier, including swimming with the stingrays. Visitors should expect large crowds when visiting Santa Monica Pier because it is a popular location for people of all ages.
- The Santa Monica Pier offers over 100 shops selling various items, including jewelry, toys, art, and much more.
The pier offers many things that attract people, including shopping, entertainment, and various activities. A dock is a popular place for everyone because it provides visitors with an opportunity to experience something new and exciting.
Santa Monica Pier is a famous pier in Santa Monica, California. It has been around since the early 1900s, and it is home to many shops, restaurants, and attractions such as an aquarium, merry-go-rounds, and arcade games! There are also large crowds at the Santa Monica Pier throughout the year due to fireworks displays on New Year’s Eve and the 4th of July celebrations.
you will have your best time here, if you let yourself free and enjoy new things.